[Freeswitch-users] Building on Windows
stevendt at primrosebank.net
Thu Dec 17 09:02:10 PST 2009
I'm probably going to regret this - I'm not sure that I'll be able to do this without a lot of pain (nothing to do with FS - more my lack of ability with Visual Studio), but......, I want to try building FreeSwitch from source rather than using the pre-built binaries. I have a couple of initial questions that, hopefully, someone can answer please ?
1. I only have Visual Studio 2005 and don't see an upgrade to 2008 on the horizon for me.
Having downloaded the SVN, I see there is a VS 2005 Solution, but it is marked as "Unsupported", although the Wiki says that you only need VC++2005.
What does "unsupported" mean in this context ? I guess that support for VS2005 is being dropped, but is the VS2005 Solution still being maintained, and if so, for how long? I'd hate to get into the build thing and then find that I was stalled when VS2005 support was dropped altogether ?
2. The whole SVN thing is new to me but I've worked out that I need an SVN Client on Windows to work with the source. Can anyone recommend the best (free) SVN Client for Windows to use with FreeSwitch. I have installed TortoiseSVN - a Windows Explorer Shell that looks pretty and seemed to work on my first build but it's not command line based so some of the tips given in the Wiki like "make current" and "make sounds" may be more awkward to achieve. Is anyone else using Tortoise and/or can give some tips on which SVN client to use ?
3. I built 15979 last night (with VS2005) and got some warnings, with data type conversion - is this a known issue under Windows ?
4. There was one fatal error in the build of mod_opal (missing file)
(Some examples of the warnings and the error are shown below :-)
5. How do I specify which options (e.g., mod_flite, to be included iin the build.
6. How do I build the sounds etc. ?
5>os_unix.obj : warning LNK4221: no public symbols found; archive member will be inaccessible
6>..\..\pcre\pcre_ucp_searchfuncs.c(158) : warning C4018: '<' : signed/unsigned mismatch
6>..\..\pcre\pcre_ucp_searchfuncs.c(163) : warning C4018: '<=' : signed/unsigned mismatch
15>..\..\src\switch_console.c(553) : warning C4244: '=' : conversion from '__w64 int' to 'int', possible loss of data
15>..\..\src\switch_console.c(584) : warning C4267: '=' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data
15>..\..\src\switch_core_media_bug.c(178) : warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'switch_size_t' to 'uint32_t', possible loss of data
15>..\..\src\switch_core_media_bug.c(221) : warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'switch_size_t' to 'uint32_t', possible loss of data
15>..\..\src\switch_core_media_bug.c(222) : warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'switch_size_t' to 'uint32_t', possible loss of data
21>c:\freeswitch src\freeswitch\libs\xmlrpc-c\src\xmlrpc_server_abyss.c(894) : warning C4047: 'initializing' : 'TOsSocket' differs in levels of indirection from 'void *'
31>cl : Command line warning D9040 : ignoring option '/analyze'; Code Analysis warnings are not available in this edition of the compiler
86>cl : Command line warning D9040 : ignoring option '/analyze'; Code Analysis warnings are not available in this edition of the compiler
86>c:\freeswitch src\freeswitch\src\mod\endpoints\mod_opal\mod_opal.h(33) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'ptlib.h': No such file or directory
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the FreeSWITCH-users