[Freeswitch-users] mod_voicemail question

Steve Steffler stevesteffler at shaw.ca
Tue Dec 15 08:04:37 PST 2009

Hi all,

What is the difference between the mod_voicemail "vm_message_ext" parameter and the "file-extension" parameter?

I want all my voicemail in .WAV format except for a couple of extensions which need to be in MP3.

I'm getting strange results playing with these settings, for example, after logging into the voicemail, it will say "You have 1 new message.  First message at <date and time>", and then instead of the voicemail message there will be silence and a long pause.  Then it will repeat the message count and loop this behavior.  During the silence,  I seem to be able to press keys to trigger voicemail events, like for example I am allowed to delete the message (although it isn't playing the message to me, and I am instead hearing silence).

Any ideas?

Steve