[Freeswitch-users] Invite local number into a conference - codec problem

Peter P GMX Prometheus001 at gmx.net
Thu Dec 10 06:26:17 PST 2009

Hello,

I try to invite a user into a conference by
loopback/255 8000 Conference
255 is the user, I invite the user via loopback as that way I can also
invite external numbers.

It processes the user's local dialplan correctly (as if the user was
normally dialled), however it only offers L16 codec, so the Phone fails.
I can see no codec negociation on the debug console.
If I call the phone from another phone, then codec negociation is taking
place.
If I invite an external PSTN user into the conference then codecs are
set correctly (L16+PCMA+PCMU etc)

Is there a way to explicitely set the codec for the conference?

<!--<param name="disable-transcoding" value="true"/>--> is not set is,
still commented in the internal profile.
In vars.conf.xml only only PCMA and PCMU are set.

Best regards
Peter