[Freeswitch-users] Multiple registration: Registration1 cannot call Registration2 in attended_transfer

Peter P GMX Prometheus001 at gmx.net
Wed Dec 9 09:13:55 PST 2009

Hello,

in our dialplan we have enabled multiple-registrations, so 2 phones can
register on a single directory entry.
    <param name="multiple-registrations" value="true"/>
Both phones are registered, both phones can be called and each phone can
call the other phone.
However in an attended_transfer mode calls cannot be transferred to the
other phone with the same number.
Attended_transfer in this case is needed when you take a call on your
main SIP phone and and then want to transfer it to your mobile DECT/SIP
phone, because you may have to check something in another room.
I did a SIP trace and see the following:

    * A invites B(phone 1) => ok
    * B(phone 1) places call on hold => ok
    * B(phone 1) dials number B(phone 2 DECT) on second line
    * Freeswitch send Invite to B(phone 1) => ok
    * Freeswitch send Invite to B(phone 2 DECT)
    * B(phone 2 DECT) sends Ringing to Freeswitch => ok
    * B(phone 1) sends Busy to Freeswitch
    * B(phone 1) displays Busy and hangs up the second line

Is there any way to overcome this? Is there a way to ignore the Busy
from phone 1 when phone 2 answers Ringing?

Best regards
Peter