[Freeswitch-users] [OpenZAP] Does Dahdi (ex-Zaptel) require Asterisk?

Fred-145 codecomplete at free.fr
Tue Dec 8 07:32:42 PST 2009

Russell.Mosemann wrote:
> You only need one of the modules above, if you have one card. I don't see
> a "dahdi" module listed in the file here.

Yup, turns out wcfxo is needed for the X10xP card, while wctdm is needed for
Digium cards. As for dahdi, maybe wcfxo/wctdm loads the dahdi module
automatically?

Russell.Mosemann wrote:
>  8. ls -la /proc/dahdi/ You should be able to cat the file in that
> directory for more information.

Yes indeed:

# ls -al /proc/dahdi/
total 0
dr-xr-xr-x  2 root root 0 Dec  8 16:30 .
dr-xr-xr-x 80 root root 0 Dec  8 13:37 ..
-r--r--r--  1 root root 0 Dec  8 16:30 1

# cat 1
Span 1: WCTDM/4 "Wildcard TDM400P REV E/F Board 5" (MASTER)

           1 WCTDM/4/0 FXSKS RED
           2 WCTDM/4/1
           3 WCTDM/4/2
           4 WCTDM/4/3

Thanks for the tip. I'll see if I can update the wiki accordingly.