[Freeswitch-users] Remote fetching of voicemail

Frank Carmickle frank at carmickle.com
Wed Dec 2 09:16:14 PST 2009

On Wed, Dec 02, Fran??ois Legal wrote:
> I did check (and modify as my voicemail extension name is not vmain) the
> voicemail.conf.xml, and vmain-key is *.
>
> What I mean by remote fetching of voicemail, is that someone may dial in,
> either from inside (via FXS or even SIP) or outside (via FXO), then when
> reaching the voice mail to leave a message, he could dial some specific
> digit (or digits) to reach the voicemail login and fetch his voice mails.
>
> I can do this using bind_meta_app (it is already working), but then I need
> to terminate the extension when invoking the meta_app, otherwise freeswitch
> may sometimes hang if the meta app is called after the "leave a message"
> voicemail tone.

Alright.  I missed what vmain actually does in the voicemail config.  It actually calls the extension named vmain in the dialplan.  So if you don't have this then you will need to have one.  Thanks for asking this question because my voicemail auth was broken and I didn't even know it!  I fixed it and a working extension for vmain can look like this.

    <extension name="vmain">
      <condition field="destination_number" expression="^vmain$|^voicemail$|^\*98$|^\*86$">
        <action application="answer"/>
        <action application="set" data="voicemail_authorized=false"/>
        <action application="sleep" data="200"/>
        <action application="voicemail" data="check default $${domain} ${effective_caller_id_number}"/>
      </condition>
    </extension>

HTH
--FC