[Freeswitch-users] Ring Forever

Esben Stien b0ef at esben-stien.name
Tue Dec 1 16:29:25 PST 2009

Anthony Minessale <anthony.minessale at gmail.com> writes:

> do you want to generate ringback forever or no?

Yes, I want the dialing party to get a ring forever. This is because I
cannot transfer the party to my SIP phone, because my SIP phone is
broken for incoming calls.

I'll solve it by letting the party hear a ring and then I'll use the
event socket to give me a notification. I'll then dial in with my SIP
phone to a conference room and transfer the calling party there.

I did this:

  <extension name="ring_forever">
    <condition field="destination_number" expression="ring_forever">
      <action application="gentones" data="${us-ring}|100"/>
      <action application="transfer" data="ring_forever"/>
    </condition>
  </extension>

  <extension name="eternal_ring">
    <condition field="destination_number" expression="4ever">
      <action application="pre_answer"/>
      <action application="transfer" data="ring_forever"/>
    </condition>
  </extension>

..which gives me an eternal ring, but it sounds choppy and it sounds as
if the following ring starts on top of the currently playing ring.

I hear crackling sounds, which I don't experience with any other use of
freeswitch.

Any idea?

--
Esben Stien is b0ef at e     s      a