[Freeswitch-users] Transferring to another extension is VERY slow.

Erik Wickstrom erik at erikwickstrom.com
Sat Aug 29 11:21:03 PDT 2009

Hi,

I'm having some trouble debugging why the transfer command is so slow
in my case.  I have a lua IVR setup which responds to user selections
by transferring the call to another dialplan ext.  Pretty basic stuff.

The problem is, it takes 30-40 seconds for the the transfer to
actually start after the key press.  After about 30 seconds of
silence, "hold music" finally starts and the other extension finally
answers shortly thereafter.

I've tried transferring to endpoint extensions, the 5000 sample IVR,
9999 hold music -- in all cases there is this long pause.

Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Thanks!
Erik