[Freeswitch-users] upstream Registrar / Mirror proxy

Ken Rice krice at freeswitch.org
Thu Aug 27 02:02:14 PDT 2009

FreeSWITCH is a B2BUA and NOT a proxy and will not proxy any requests
(REGISTER or INVITE)

If you want a Proxy you should look toward OpenSIPS

From: sylver_b <sylver_b at yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 17:14:55 -0700 (PDT)
To: <freeswitch-users at lists.freeswitch.org>
Subject: [Freeswitch-users] upstream Registrar / Mirror proxy

Hello,

We would like to use FreeSwitch to test interoperability with our sip
registrar platform - as our registrar doesnt handle NAT Traversal we would
like to use FS as a mirror proxy .

If a call goes through, FS should transparently handle nat traversal
functionalities while forwarding the REGISTER/INVITE requests to our
registrar server.

Below some detailed requirements:
Upper Registration is the capability of a SBC to proxy Registrations towards
an upstream Registrar. While it is necessary that all SIP requests traverse
the SBC for NAT continuity, Registrations should be allowed to be relayed
towards our upstream Registrar while the SBC retains a copy of the AOR and
masquerade on behalf of the UA that send the registration request.

Please let us know the best way to configure FS to achieve this type of
configuration.

Thank you