[Freeswitch-users] how to avoid many "|" in bridge application?

Carlos S. Antunes csa at nowthor.com
Wed Aug 26 11:54:52 PDT 2009

Anthony Minessale wrote:
> did you see my other email on this thread with the xml macro idea?
> When it comes to displacing the complexity there are many choices.

Yes, I did see that macro idea. It looks indeed very good in the case of
a failover scenario. But what about something like I proposed initially,
that is, a mix of simultaneous and sequential dialing in arbitrary
order? I guess this is also what Phillip Jones is after with his feature
request (http://jira.freeswitch.org/browse/FSCORE-422).

In any case, I am going to adopt your solution for the failover scenario
as the most elegant so far! :)

> if you want to make some api call that can look in xml and generate a
> big | sep dial string that's entirely possible. you could do something
> similar with lua or some other embedded language as well.

Yes, that is indeed another possibility. However, I am not sure it would
allow that mix of simultaneous and sequential dialing, would it?

Carlos