[Freeswitch-users] wav2mp3 conversion inside of spidermonkey

Alberto Escudero-Pascual (lists) aep.lists at it46.se
Mon Aug 24 23:54:24 PDT 2009

Dear all,

In one of the applications I am writing I need to convert a recorded wav
to mp3.

After using

session.recordFile() and obtaining a foo.wav file, I am calling

session.execute("system",lmLameCmd);

to invoke lame for the conversion.

The system command looks like this:
lmLameCmd = "/usr/local/freeswitch/bin/lame -V2 foo.wav foo.mp3 -S";

Here it comes the mystery. I am use lame 3.98.2 the mp3 file never
appears, if I use version 3.97 (older version), it does!.

If I execute the conversion from the command line, i get the mp3 with both
3.97 and 3.98.2

In fact, i am considering doing the conversions as background job, but I
am very curious to hear if this behavior has a pseudo-scientific
explanation

/aep

--
Stopping junk mailers is good for the environment