[Freeswitch-users] zombie channels

Benedikt Fraunhofer fraunhofer.lists.freeswitch-001 at traced.net
Fri Aug 21 04:03:07 PDT 2009

Hi Woody,

2009/8/21 Woody Dickson <woodydickson at gmail.com>:

> After a high traffic session, I do "show channels", I would find a bunch of
> "CS_HIBERNATE" channels that don't get removed after all the traffic is
> gone.
>
> Does anyone know what is the case of thoes CS_HIBERNATE'd channels?  How can
> I set  a timeout for those channels to be removed?

Is this simiilar to "my" bugreport?

http://jira.freeswitch.org/browse/FSCORE-415

what do you do in your "high traffic"-scenario? We've got tons of
CS_HIBERNATE channels and even the sip stack is somehow affected
(ignoring messages) but it looks like it's the scheduler to blame.
In your example this would mean that the "garbage collection" for
finished sessions is not run.
Can you get rid of the channels using "uuid_kill" or a sweeping swipe
"fsctl hupall"?

Greetinx
  Beni.