[Freeswitch-users] Sharing Presence Information Across Separate Offices

Kenneth Shaw ken at expitrans.com
Wed Aug 19 23:51:53 PDT 2009

I apologize in advance if this message duplicates a previous post or the topic has been covered elsewhere. If that's the case, a pointer would be appreciated!

I have multiple offices each running Freeswitch and a number of Polycom phones and softphones.

I would like to share the presence information between the offices, such that if a person in Office B can see if a person in Office A is on the phone. I personally don't know of any way to do this through Freeswitch as it stands. I have thought about using a VPN for the offices and just setting up the phones to all register to a single server, however I don't want calls between phones in the same office (intra-office) to have to be routed all the way through a different office, which may be on the other side of the world and costs bandwidth.

Any suggestions as to the best way to accomplish this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

--
Kenneth Shaw
ExpiTrans, Inc.
ken at expitrans.com