[Freeswitch-users] Better results from mod_vmd

Matthew Fong mattdfong at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 11:50:34 PDT 2009

Can anyone recommend a tool to analyze the wave files to see what's causing
the sine wav not to be detected? I have them zipped at
http://bandcon.hellohunter.com/vmd_wav.zip
<http://bandcon.hellohunter.com/vmd_wav.zip>I was trying to use audacity,
but not sure how to tell the exact frequency.

sorry if this was a double post...

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 10:26 AM, Michael Jerris <mike at jerris.com> wrote:

> my bet is if mod_vmd is not getting them that they are not going to work
> with tone detect either.  Someone needs to look at the tone and see what
> frequencies are really involved and if they change throughout the beep.
> Mike
>
> On Aug 19, 2009, at 12:41 PM, Michael Collins wrote:
>

> On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 1:43 AM, Matthew Fong <mattdfong at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Eric,
>> Thanks for these recommendations.
>>
>> for vmd-not-panasonic-home-ans.wav changing MAX_FREQ to 1450 WORKED!
>>
>> but I'm still having problems picking out the ~750Hz beep of sprint,
>> tmobile, and verizon. I tried first cutting POINTS and VALID in half, then
>> in half again, while also reducing MIN_AMPL in half but still no luck. I
>> assumed from the descriptions of each, that reducing the numbers would make
>> the algorithm less picky at finding a beep. Is this correct?
>>
>> Any other recommendations on picking up these ~750Hz beeps? Thanks again
>> for the help.
>>

> How close are they to 750Hz? If they're not more than say +/- 16Hz then the
> tone_detect app *should* be able to detect them. At the very least I would
> try it. See if tone_detect can detect those beeps. While it may not be the
> most elegant solution, having mod_vmd looking for one set of tones and
> tone_detect looking for the 750Hz tones might actually get the job done, at
> least until you and Eric can get together to see what's happening on the
> 750's.
>
> -MC
>

>> --matt
>>
>> On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 2:15 PM, Eric des Courtis <
>> eric.des.courtis at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Matt,
>>>
>>> Okay the good news is vmd should be able to handle these cases. The
>>> bad news is for whatever reason they are not getting detected at the
>>> moment.
>>>
>>> vmd-not-panasonic-home-ans.wav is a sine at ~1400Hz you can change
>>> MAX_FREQ to 1450 and play with MIN_AMPL  if that still doesn't help.
>>

>>> The following seem to use the same beep:
>>>
>>> vmd-not-tmobile.wav is a sine at ~750Hz but has a bit of noise
>>> vmd-not-sprint.wav is a sine at ~750Hz but has a bit of noise