[Freeswitch-users] Conference Status

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Tue Aug 18 17:10:32 PDT 2009

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 4:30 PM, Alan Chandler
<alan at chandlerfamily.org.uk>wrote:

> In the command to lists a conference it talks about member status, shown
> as hear|speak|floor
>
> What does the floor mean as a status - I can't find any reference to it
> anywhere.

I just spoke with Mike J about this. The floor is basically "who has the
floor" in the conference. In most cases you'll see that it is the person who
is talking or who spoke last. He said there's some algorithmic magic in
there but we don't actually use floor for much of anything...

-MC