[Freeswitch-users] failover based on initial INVITE timeout

Hristo Trendev dist.lists at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 11:24:57 PDT 2009

TCP is not really an option for me. I have tried using different sofia
profile for that and set:

<param name="timer-T1X64" value="1000" />

This works the way I want and INVITEs to dead gateways are
disconnected with [RECOVERY_ON_TIMER_EXPIRE], but:
1. It affects all calls sent via this "custom timer" profile
2. I need to use one more SIP port to bind to (I need keep the
"default timers" profile as well)
3. The timer is used by transactions other than the initial invite
message and that may cause unexpected problems.

Obviously originate_timeout doesn't work the way it's supposed to
(according to the wiki) so I will report it as bug.

The profile trick above actually solves my problem and may happen to
be a better solution after all, but I will need to test it for some
time before I know.