[Freeswitch-users] Transporting SIP over TCP

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Mon Aug 17 00:34:18 PDT 2009

Tzury Bar Yochay <tzury.by at reguluslabs.com> wrote:
> Brian/Bakko,
>
> Would you please tell me which softphone are you using?
> As you know, my own one is not working and when I tried tcp with xlite
> (providing transport=tls) I see in wireshark that it is still
> transporting it over udp(!)

I've successfully used TLS with FreeSWITCH at both ends (yes, that's with
FreeSWITCH itself as the softphone).

Snom 320 phones are known to work as well if you set up SRV records for the
TLS.

I haven't tried other softphones because, basically, FreeSWITCH is a better
phone than anything else I can find.

To debug this, try wireshark or tshark to find out whether your softphone is
trying to connect over the TLS port at all.