[Freeswitch-users] Audio only in one direction when calling FS from Skype

Scott Torr scott.torr.fs at letterboxes.org
Sun Aug 16 00:08:10 PDT 2009

I have used a MS-Skype client on the local area network to receive Skype
calls and do not have any audio continuity problems, and would conclude
that there is not an issue with the firewall if this is working
correctly.

To the best of my knowledge the external ip addresses and local networks
are configured properly in FS.

When I use the (linux Skpye client)<=>(mod_skypiax)<=>(FS) to recieve
Skype calls however I cannot hear the incoming audio.

This problem only occurs with an incoming Skype call (ie cannot hear
their audio, they can hear mine).

If I make an outgoing call from FS to Skype there are no audio problem.

So this is an asymmetrical problem.

I have used wireshark and can see UDP packets going in both directions
on the local area network.
So the incoming audio data is hitting the (linux Skype client).

How can I investigate where the data is being dropped?

Is it between:

(linux Skype client)-->(mod_skypiax)
or
(mod_skypiax)-->(FS)

I need some advice on what debug commands to use to see where the audio
is being dropped or some clues as to how to pinpoint where the problem
is occurring.

For example is (mod_skypiax) getting the audio data from (linux Skype
client)?

How do investigate that?
How do I see that?
Are there channel IO byte counters?

The machine is using snd_dummy, has no vmware sound card.

It is strange the problem is only in one direction?

Thanks,
Scott Torr