[Freeswitch-users] Question about sharing conference between

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Fri Aug 14 11:27:42 PDT 2009

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 11:20 AM, Tina Martinez <tina at a2unlimited.com>wrote:

> Michael,
>
> Thanks again for bearing with my novice perspective on this.
>
> I was able to achieve the link between two FS servers as intended.
>  However, I
> was not able to setup a "new" dialplan file as you described.  I had to
> place the
> script into the default.xml dialplan to get it to work.  Is there something
> I'm
> supposed to do to get FS to look in the conf/dialplan/default ?

Look at the sample files that are already in conf/dialplan/default/ and
conf/dialplan/public/ to see what they should look like. Just remember to
name the files with leading digits, so you have something like this:
conf/dialplan/default/01_My_Custom_Extensions.xml
conf/dialplan/public/01_More_Public_Extensions.xml

The files must be .xml files and preferable should have the <include> and
</include> tags at the beginning and end of the files. The other thing you
can do is just make a copy of one of the files that's already in
conf/dialplan/default/ or conf/dialplan/public/ and edit it.

> Also, in using the code as we discussed, I was also able to establish the
> link
> between the two servers without having an actual soft-phone
> registered/connected
> to the FS server (which is ideal for my situation).  I can create the link
> between the servers, and then dial out to external phone numbers from the
> respective servers and connect the participants.  Then, regardless of who
> hangs-up, the conference between the servers remains in tact.  So far it
> works
> very well.

Glad to hear it!
-MC