[Freeswitch-users] bind_server_ip issue

Carlos S. Antunes csa at nowthor.com
Thu Aug 13 07:14:56 PDT 2009

Hello!

First of all, I would like to express my thanks to all the developers of
Freeswitch.

I am testing Freeswitch on a Debian machine with physical network
interface with four virtual IP addresses. One of these IP addresses,
aliased as eth0:3, has been created specifically for Freeswitch.  I then
set bind_server_ip with the IP addresses associated with eth0:3. To my
surprise, however, tow things happen more or less randomly: 1) in
certain cases, Freeswitch binds to eth0:2 instead (with a different IP
address); and in another, although Freeswitch binds initially to eth0:3,
after a few hours it changes its mind and rebinds to eth0:2. Is this an
issue with bind_server_ip or am I missing some configuration detail?

Thanks!

Carlos