[Freeswitch-users] calling through same gateway with multiple registrations

Timur Irmatov irmatov at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 02:35:05 PDT 2009

Hi,

I am new to FreeSWITCH and need an advice.

All calls to PSTN from our server will go through single gateway,
which is a soft switch supporting SIP protocol. FreeSWITCH will need
to register with soft switch, but soft switch permits only single
active call (in either direction) per registration. So we will need 10
SIP accounts to allow 10 simultaneous connections.

Question is - how should I configure FreeSWITCH for this scenario? I
see two options:

1) Create 10 gateways with different registrations, use mod_limit to
route only one outgoing call per gateway;
2) Create 10 gateways with different registrations, use event socket
to route calls manually and monitor used lines (incoming and outgoing
calls through soft switch).

Are there any other possibilities? Corrections/ suggestions are very welcome.

Timur Irmatov, xmpp:irmatov at jabber.ru