[Freeswitch-users] Loopback and bypass_media

Rupa Schomaker rupa at rupa.com
Wed Aug 12 09:21:58 PDT 2009

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 10:22 AM, Phillip Jones<pjintheusa at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
>>> application="originate" data="(sofia/foo/bar|sofia/baz/bar),(sofia/foo/yum|sofia/baz/yum)"
>
> I agree. However, perhaps the ideal is not to specify the carriers at
> this level, as carriers are added and removed fairly often as costings
> change. So it would be nice to have some sort of proxy that resolves
> to a list of carriers:
>
> application="originate" data="sofia/MyCarriers/bar,sofia/MyCarriers/yum"

> <MyCarriers>
> <action application="carrier" data="sofia/foo"/>
> <action application="carrier" data="sofia/baz"/>
> <action application="carrier" data="sofia/etc"/>
> </MyCarriers>
>

> or something similar. This would achieve the same as loopback in this
> use case but without dangers of looping? Complicated stuff though.

Well, that is all done by mod_lcr.  I was simplifying to narrow down
to just originate.

First we need to see if this is worth pursuing over fixing (modifying,
whatever) loopback to handle bypass media.  If it is, then I'll modify
mod_lcr to deal with the situation in question (comma or pipe sep list
of numbers to call.  mod_lcr would then group as appropriate).

Right now, my bridge is setup in a small javascript script that builds
the appropriate dialstring (using loopback for external calls, user/
for internal calls) and then when doing the loopback call to mod_lcr
to get the dialstring with all providers in the right order.

>>>Perhaps have an on answer hook that tries to enable bypass media (re-invite) after the call is setup?
>
> That's a good idea - I will look into that.
>

> Thanks again.
>

> Phillip

Let us know how it works for you...

--