[Freeswitch-users] Loopback and bypass_media

David Knell dave at 3c.co.uk
Tue Aug 11 12:55:12 PDT 2009

Just to add my $0.02-worth (if you're feeling generous..) - I don't
think that the dialplan is expressive enough to do what's needed here,
and that's where the trouble's coming from.  It's not enormously tricky
to build a generic "dial this set of numbers according to these rules"
service using something hanging off the event socket - there's a writeup
here: http://www.softivr.com/wiki/index.php/Find_me showing how it could
be done on SoftIVR.

To roll something similar yourself using the event socket, you'd need to
map the dial function to 'originate', bridge to (IIRC) 'uuid_bridge',
and have some way of passing messages around between the threads
handling the different call legs, assuming that you're using one thread
per leg.

--Dave