[Freeswitch-users] Loopback and bypass_media

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Tue Aug 11 12:19:43 PDT 2009

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 1:43 PM, Phillip Jones <pjintheusa at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Michael,
>
> Thanks for trying to help with this.
>
> > <action application="set" data="continue_on_fail=true"/>
> > <action application="bridge"
> >
> data="sofia/gateway/broadvox/6095553828,sofia/gateway/broadvox/7325553828"/>
> > <!-- if either of the above dialstrings is successful then this next line
> > won't execute... -->
> > <action application="bridge" data="sofia/gateway/quest/7325553828"/>
>
> In the dial plan above, consider that target is sitting at their
> 6095553828 phone. And that broadvox does not route to 6095553828  and
> passes me a NO_ROUTE_DESTINATION.
>
> The target will never get the call.
>
> So if I extend this to:
>
> <action application="bridge"  data="sofia/gateway/broadvox/6095553828,
> sofia/gateway/broadvox/7325553828"/>
> <action application="bridge" data="sofia/gateway/quest/6095553828.
> sofia/gateway/quest/7325553828"/>
>
> In this plan you are not calling the numbers simultaneously if the
> broadvox is not able to route both calls. I can not see that you can
> stack this way and get the ability to call multiple destinations, so I
> must be missing something.

When you say "call multiple destinations" what exactly do you mean? If the
Broadvox is unable to connect either call then the dialplan moves on to the
Quest dial attempts. If that isn't what you need then can you clarify? Under
what condition(s) would the dialplan need to attempt to call via Quest?

> "Call blast" or "Followme" is basically the functionality I am trying
> to implement. Separately we use multiple carriers. This is fairly
> common requirement.

Yep, makes sense. Could you maybe write it out in pseudo code? Something
like this:
#1 Call phone numbers ABC and XYZ simultaneously via Broadvox
#2 If BOTH ABC AND XYZ fail, then call ABC and XYZ via Quest

> I am using .NET by the way - but point taken.

My mistake. :)

> Any other ideas on how to achieve multiple destinations with carrier
> failover would great!

I'm 100% certain that this is possible with FreeSWITCH. You might just need
a different approach, depending upon the circumstances with your carriers.
Try the above suggestions first and let's see what happens. We'll take it
from there.
-MC