[Freeswitch-users] Freeswitch :: VoIP issues using ILBC audio codec

David Nembrot david.nembrot at sogeti.com
Mon Aug 10 09:56:47 PDT 2009

   Hello world,

   I've got two FS servers configured as gateways for each other and
I'm currently testing the telephony. Usinge the ILBC audio codec, I
figured out that one of the FS servers doesn't forward RTP streams
correctly to the other server. Here is its status-quo:
INPUT = proper ILBC payload type (97 or 108)
OUTPUT = unknown payload type (97 or 102)

   I've already changed the parameters in internal.xml & external.xml:
<param name="inbound-codec-negotiation" value="greedy"/>
<param name="disable-transcoding" value="true"/>

   When dialing out, I also use the following
syntax:{absolute_codec_string='GSM,PCMU'}sofia/gateway/mygateway/mynumber

   Is there another thing to do to have proper ILBC streams passing
through the gateways ?
Thanking y'all in advance ;)

   BR,
David N.