[Freeswitch-users] Best practice for inbound calls with scripting

Greg Thoen gregt at cgicommunications.com
Wed Aug 5 10:31:23 PDT 2009

Hi. I am setting up a large inbound only system with multiple DIDs
coming in; each call is processed fairly intensively with db lookups,
wav files played, pocketsphinx is used, wav files recorded, etc.

Before I get too far down one path, I was wondering if anyone had any
insight into the best, most scaleable way to do this out of the
several methods I can do:

1	Call comes in
	dialplan calls specific javascript based on DID
	javascript uses ODBC to pull info from local mysql db
	call is handled in javascript

2	Call comes in
	dialplan calls specific javascript based on DID
	javascript uses CURL to get info from local mysql db
	call is handled in javascript

3	Call comes in
	php socket is listening for call
	php script runs, pulling info from mysql db
	call is handled in php using esl.php

4	Call comes in
	dialplan calls specific lua script  based on DID
	lua uses luasql.mysql to get info from local mysql db
	call is handled in lua using lua api

5	Call comes in
	xml_curl is used for dynamic dialplan
	js called, continues like #1

I know that they will all do essentially the same thing. But once I go
down the path, I don't want to find out that the way I chose chokes
with 50 simultaneous inbound calls on different DIDs. Any comments
would be appreciated. Thanks.
--
Greg