[Freeswitch-users] Question about using switch_caller_extension_add_application

Woody Dickson woodydickson at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 08:05:20 PDT 2009

Hi,

I want to implement a module where freeSWITCH would try to bridge to an
extension and if the bridging operation fails, my module can use the hangup
code to determine the next cause of action.

With switch_caller_extension_add_application(session, extension, "bridge",
"sofia/gateway/mygw/1232323);, if there is an error ( 503 received for
instance ) in the outgoing INVITE, freeSWITCH would leave my module ( or the
module's APP) and go on to the next action.  Is there anyway to control it
so that freeSWITCH would remain to be within the module's APP funtion and
continue executing the code after switch_call_extension_add_application,
when let's say a 4XX or 5XX or CANCEL ( from originator) is received?

I have tried it and found that if the bridging is successful, freeSWITCH
would continue executing the code after
switch_caller_extension_add_application, but if an error is received, then
it would just move on to the next action.

Does anyone know how to deal with this problem?

Woody