[Freeswitch-users] TLS/SRTP with Innovaphone IP200

Jim Burke jim at evolutiontel.net
Wed Aug 5 07:07:50 PDT 2009

Hi NOx,

Can you clarify the direction of the calls.  When you say outgoing do
you mean a call is terminating to the ip200?

I have been down a similar path while testing Eyebeam.  If the
terminating phone sets an option to only accept secure calls and FS
does not send Secure Descriptions in the INVITE, Eyebeam would respond
with 415 response code and the call would fail.  Depending on your
diaplan this could send your call to voicemail.

To fix it I added the following code to dialplan.
<action application="set" data="continue_on_fail=79"/>
<bridge blah blah blah>
<action application="set" data="bypass_media=false"/>
<action application="set" data="proxy_media=true"/>
<action application="set" data="ringback=$${uk-ring}"/>
<action application="pre_answer"/>
<action application="export" data="sip_secure_media=true"/>
<bridge blah blah blah>

The continue on fail captures the 415 response code forces the call to
continue to the next bridge while sip_secure_media forces the second
invite to include security descriptors.  The rest was required because
I did not want to proxy media if the call was not secure, obviously if
the call is secure on a point to point basis FS will have to proxy the
media and this was the only way I could find for it to work.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 6:52 PM, NOx-WHV<enno.egbert at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> i have a problem using a innovaphone ip200 with freeswitch and tls/srtp. The
> freeswitch certificate is in the trust list of the phone and it works with
> tls for incomming calls. But outgoing calls were rejected to the mailbox.
> The freeswitch configuration is ok, because it works with a snom 320.
>
> Who can help me to confugure the IP200?
>
> Thanks
>
> NOx

Jim Burke