[Freeswitch-users] Qualify IM comm. across two distinct SIP domains

David Nembrot david.nembrot at sogeti.com
Wed Aug 5 05:32:10 PDT 2009

Hi everybody,

   I've just configured two Freeswitch servers (FS#1 and FS#2) to
enable SIP communications between their two distinct SIP domains. The
fact is that the IP telephony is up & running across these two
domains, but the IM doesn't seem to be operational...

Basically the dialplan for telephony has been ticked in a satisfactory
way, my guess is that I'm missing something in the config files in
order to enable IM services throughout the two domains.. Since they
are in different networks, it seems reasonable for example to force
the IM comm. get through the FS#1 so to reach FS#2 domain... hence my
question:

   How can I shape up a kind of "IM dialplan" on my servers ?
(i.e. set up the routing aspects for IM too)

   or How can I get this IM stuff configured differently?

Thanx & Regards,
David N.