[Freeswitch-users] How to call a non-user extension from "originate" [SOLVED]

Dan Le dule.maillist at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 15:06:46 PDT 2009

Technically, loopback is not meant to specifically allow you to call
non-user extensions, it simply allows you to hit the dialplan.
For example,

originate sofia/gw/gwname/fakecall 1000

(where gwname is the gateway routing your calls out, and 'fakecall' the
non-user extension)

will also allow you to dial to non-user extensions. This information would
be on any of the wiki pages detailing the originate command.

Dan