[Freeswitch-users] Outbound socket question

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Sun Aug 2 15:35:01 PDT 2009

On Sun, Aug 2, 2009 at 12:38 PM, Nik Middleton <
nik.middleton at noblesolutions.co.uk> wrote:

>  Hi Guys,
>

> I’m using an outbound socket to control calls, and it works a charm.
> However, what I’d like to do is send a custom event regarding the call on
> hang-up.  The way I see things happening at the moment, and I could be
> wrong, is that the socket is closed when a hang-up occurs, so am I taking a
> chance trying to send the event then? (try to sneak out the event before
> socket closure happens)  The other option is of course to open an inbound
> socket and send the event, but I’d rather not do that if possible.

Nik,

Perhaps the "linger" event socket command will do what you need? Check out
this commit:
http://lists.freeswitch.org/pipermail/freeswitch-svn/2009-January/009391.html

Let me know if it works for you and I'll be sure to get it documented
properly. If you get it working I'd love to see a code snippet so we can
wikify this knowledge. :)

Thanks,
MC