[Freeswitch-users] Configuring Sangoma U100

Merul Patel merul at mac.com
Sun Aug 2 14:34:08 PDT 2009

I'm new to FS, and experimenting with it on a constrained environment
(PCEngines ALIX board running Voyage Linux 0.62).

So far, FS has compiled fine, and I can register multiple softphones
and make calls between them, but I'm lost at how to configure a
Sangoma U100 so I can make and receive calls over an analogue line.

I've installed the wanpipe drivers (3.5.4) from Sangoma, and the
wanrouter utility detects the USB device, and I've compiled it to
support the TDM API.

FS was compiled with the Openzap module - as best as I can tell.

I thought that I would be able to use the wancfg_tdmapi utility to
configure the /etc/wanpipe/wanpipe1.conf and then use the generated
configuration file as the basis for configuring autoload_configs/
openzap.conf.xml.

However, the wancfg utility doesn't generate the wanpipe1.conf, and
I'm stumped.

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Best regards,

Merul