[Freeswitch-users] Voice mail: skip announcement

paul.degt paul.degt at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 13:00:06 PDT 2009

Is there a way to skip "the person at extension..." announcement when
forwarding a call to voice mail, so that it starts recording
immediately, or just says something like "start recording..."?
Also, is it possible to turn off voice mail play back feature, meaning
when somebody tries to leave a voice mail one needs to press a button
to end message and then VM suddenly plays it back?
I see there's sounds.xml but not sure it help me to do what I need , is
there any write up on how to customize it?
Would appreciate some directions.