[Freeswitch-users] any way ring fifo members one by one?

dujinfang dujinfang at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 08:29:25 PDT 2009

Thank you for the detailed implementation, comments follows.

On Apr 28, 2009, at 10:24 PM, Anthony Minessale wrote:

> keep in mind mod_fifo is not a call center app. it's a simple *fifo*
> queue hence the name.

Yeah but FS is more than a *, it should be able to do a call center
like job.

> On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 8:30 AM, dujinfang <dujinfang at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> Ah, right, that works. I had thought the purpose of members is for
> sequential hunting. looks I was wrong.
>
> However, add a | sep'ed dial string is hard to do round robin
> hunting, as we don't want the first agent always busy while others
> have nothing to do. It is possible to add/delete members using
> another script to set different dialstring to emulate a round robin
> hunt, but why not implement it in the queue logic?
>
> Other strategies to place calls could be added with a patch to the
> code.  The goal of the module was to be basic and have
> most of the control and logic remain outside the module.

Then maybe better to keep it simple, and make another mod other than
patch the code. What's your suggestion? And, do you think it would be
easy to control my logic outside the module using lua/event_socket ?

> questions:
>
> 1) What's the purpose for members? just for simultaneous ring?
>
> They are essentially on-hook agents for a setup where you don't need
> people waiting on the phone.
>
> 2) What's the best use case of agents dial in a fifo to wait
> callers? They just listening to music and waiting if no caller? I
> guess that would be for very busy call centers.
>
> Yes its so you can call in an pop all the calls off the fifo in the
> same one call.
>

> 3) In my test, other members keep ring after one answered, some
> times it even ring a long time after the caller hangup.
>
> It's not ring-all, there is exactly one outbound call generated for
> every one person in the queue who is waiting so sometimes there is
> collateral damage.

Will do more test on this.

> I'm currently using trixbox. when a call comes in, it just play a
> greeting and ring one free agent and fail over to other agents if no
> answer or playing moh if all agents are busy. I just want to
> implement the same logic in FS and replace it as * causing a lot of
> problems.
>
> I know there are already rules of how to pull a call out from a
> fifo, and guess it would be possible to add some params to do
> sequential/round robin hunting for members, and by using dp tools to
> dynamically add/delete members it would me more powerful.
>
> You could post it as a bounty, a change like that is a lot to do as
> a wish request.

Maybe I can try to play that, will look the code to see how hard will
be. Thank you again.