[Freeswitch-users] Internal.xml using Public context/dialplan?

Fred-145 codecomplete at free.fr
Thu Apr 23 10:45:01 PDT 2009

Brian West-3 wrote:
> The internal profile requires authentication.  Every user on that  profile
> would use the user_context variable to override the profile  context. Me
> being paranoid when I wrote the configs I set the internal profile   to
> public just incase you misconfigure your system then you're not
> open to the world

Thanks Brian. So, to be safe, the "context" parameter in internal.xml refers
to the "public" dialplan, and extensions are expected to overrule this
setting with "user_context"?
I also assume that, by default, profiles expect extensions to authenticate,
which would explain why external.xml has the setting "auth-calls" set to
"false", while internal.xml doesn't have this setting at all?

If I'm right, I think I finally figured it out. I was confused with
profiles, contexts, extensions, and dialplans.

Here's how I _think_ these four thingies work together:

1. conf/dialplan/ contain XML files. Each file contains a bunch of
extensions. "context" is a synonym for "dialplan"

2. conf/sip_profiles/ contains SIP profiles, eg. Internal/Default and
External/Outbound

3. conf/directory/ contains extensions: The name of the XML file corresponds
to a profile (eg. default.xml matches conf/sip_profiles/default.xml. This
means that any extension in conf/directory/default/ belongs to the
Internal/Default SIP profile.

Each extension contains a parameter "context" that matches a diaplan in
conf/dialplan/

Here's a diagram:

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/8670/freeswitchdpprofext.jpg

Did I get right this time? :-)