[Freeswitch-users] [CentOS] Modifying init script?

Fred-145 codecomplete at free.fr
Wed Apr 22 02:34:43 PDT 2009

Michael Jerris wrote:
> Those files in tree go with the rpm build with goes correctly to those
> directories.

Thanks Mike, but I don't understand :-/

Do you mean that I should not bother compiling from SVN and download an RPM
instead (I didn't see a source listed under
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Installation_Guide)?

Or can I just run "chown -R freeswitch:freeswitch /usr/local/freeswitch" and
expect things to work (what about /etc/init.d/freeswitch and
/var/lock/subsys/freeswitch? Should they also be owned by freeswitch)?

Thank you.