[Freeswitch-users] VoiceXML

Remko Kloosterman R.Kloosterman at mtel.nl
Wed Apr 22 00:41:50 PDT 2009

I agree that the original commercial model used for VXML gets in the way
of it's own success. It's also focussed way too much on ASR/TTS. I think
we can all agree this technology is still a future promise, even after
10+ years. But technically VXML is an interesting concept, especially
together with related standards like ccxml
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Call_Control_eXtensible_Markup_Language).
The latter supports call transfer and conferencing. Every VoIP and TDM
product I've worked with in the past has it's own application interface
or is bound to an interface that's tailored for a special use (like
pbx). I've also used voxeo's callxml, that's implemented with the
CosmoCom ACD product. It's implementation is crappy, but the concept is
nice. The idea of separating callcontrol+media (voice/swithing core) and
application+ivr logic (vxml webserver cgi scripts) sounds rather
appealing to me.

Do you known the name of the free VXML editor/client that's out there?