[Freeswitch-users] Asterisk Fast AGI like support from FreeSwitch. Also mod_python + Django doc

João Mesquita jmesquita at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 13:57:39 PDT 2009

On Apr 21, 2009, at 4:13 PM, technologyinspired wrote:

> Hello users,
>
> I am new to FreeSwitch. I have used Asterisk a lot but now want to
> use FreeSwitch. Presently I write complex Asterisk applications
> using Fast AGI in Python. How could I achieve the same from
> FreeSwitch?
ESL is the answer to your question. Take a look at the wiki. There is
a Python binding for it as well.

> The main reason is that the server has heavy call load and I want to
> shift that load on two systems one the FreeSwitch and another the
> application server.
Ok, I don't see a problem there ...

> Could you also give a pointer to such an example or documentation
> where it says how to run FreeSwitch applications in client server
> mode (Fast AGI mode in Asterisk). Is there any good documentation on
> mod_python + Django support in FreeSwitch?
Carefull with Django + FS. You could run over the problem that, since
FS is multi domain, you might want to have a SaaS sometime and Django
does not connect to multiple DBs with its native ORM. What kind of
pointers are you looking for?