[Freeswitch-users] VoiceXML

mszlazak at aol.com mszlazak at aol.com
Tue Apr 21 11:35:20 PDT 2009

 Great Idea.
Try setting up the exact same dialogue with say Voxeo's VoiceXML system and then with Javascript/Lua and pocketsphinx. It's an order of magnitude faster with VoiceXML.
I don't know went demand will pick up for VXML on FS but one issue that I think will block it is how robust the FS embedding of pocketsphinx is to the harsh noisy enviroment of telephony.
Currently, it lacks this "robustness" compared to vendor products but once that happens then more will want to use it and VXML will become more in demand? ... hopefully.