[Freeswitch-users] [CentOS] Modifying init script?

Fred-145 codecomplete at free.fr
Tue Apr 21 01:06:29 PDT 2009

Hello

I'm installing Freeswitch on a CentOS 5.3 test host. I noticed that the
freeswitch.init.redhat contains paths that don't match a stock CentOS
install.

All files are currently installed/owned by root: Should I go ahead, create a
"freeswitch" user/group, and chown everything under /usr/local/freeswitch/,
or are there issues if some files aren't owned by root?

Here's the original file, and mine:

===== ORIG /usr/src/freeswitch/build/freeswitch.init.redhat =============
PROG_NAME=freeswitch
PID_FILE=${PID_FILE-/opt/freeswitch/log/freeswitch.pid}
FS_USER=${FS_USER-freeswitch}
FS_FILE=${FS_FILE-/opt/freeswitch/bin/freeswitch}
FS_HOME=${FS_HOME-/opt/freeswitch}
LOCK_FILE=/var/lock/subsys/freeswitch
FREESWITCH_ARGS="-nc"
RETVAL=0
===== My /etc/init.d/freeswitch =============
PROG_NAME=freeswitch
PID_FILE=${PID_FILE-/usr/local/freeswitch/log/freeswitch.pid}
#All files installed/owned by root: Should I go ahead and create a
freeswitch user anyway?
FS_USER=${FS_USER-freeswitch}
FS_FILE=${FS_FILE-/usr/local/freeswitch/bin/freeswitch}
FS_HOME=${FS_HOME-/usr/local/freeswitch}