[Freeswitch-users] Configure FS using Flowroute.com

Chris Fowler chris at fowler.cc
Mon Apr 20 16:17:44 PDT 2009

About two weeks ago FlowRoute stopped working with FreeSwitch.  Looking at the SIP trace there is chatter about a Proxy Auth required.  I ran out of time to debug as this was on a production system.

The work around was:

1) You need to prefix the dialed number with the FlowRoute Account Number in the dialplan:
      <action application="bridge" data="sofia/gateway/sip.flowroute.com/${default_provider_username}#$1"/>

2) Specifiy FreeSWITCH's Public IP in the FlowRoute Interconnection page in the "Outbound Allowed IPs"

I've updated the wiki with the work around.  This needs more debug as it used to work with registration only - which is preferable if your public IP is changing. (FWIW - Inbound calls have always worked).

Alex: To make flowroute your default provider add to /usr/local/freeswitch/conf/vars.xml

  <X-PRE-PROCESS cmd="set" data="default_provider=sip.flowroute.com"/>
  <X-PRE-PROCESS cmd="set" data="default_provider_username=nnnnnnnn"/>
  <X-PRE-PROCESS cmd="set" data="default_provider_password=secret"/>
  <X-PRE-PROCESS cmd="set" data="default_provider_from_domain=sip.flowroute.com"/>

Chris.