[Freeswitch-users] Two gateways, second one dropping calls. How to change port ?

David Robinson pawzlion at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 01:26:14 PDT 2009

I have two gateways setup like this:

http://pastebin.com/m41092fa6

I have two dialplans setup as follows:

http://pastebin.com/mde96a74

Everything works fine for the first provider, but the second provider
drops calls after about 30 seconds. I've been told it's a NAT issue,
but would only one provider be dropping calls ? If re-registration is
interrupting calls I would have thought it would do it on both
providers. It was suggested that I configure one gateway to use a
different port and I've tried setting the port like this:

<param name="realm" value="sip.pennytel.com:50601"/>

But I can't get it to register. I've tried connecting my softphone (X-
Lite) directly to either provider by specifying the hostname as
sip.providername.com:5061 and it can't register either. Is this the
correct way to specify a SIP port to use or is it just that my
provider doesn't listen on any other ports than 5060 ? When I specify
sip.pennytel.com:5060 it still registers fine.

Is this the best way to solve my problem ? By using an alternate SIP
port ? Or is there likely to be any other reason why calls are
dropping out ?