[Freeswitch-users] Issues detecting DTMF tones

Pete Mueller pete at privateconnect.com
Thu Apr 16 13:49:17 PDT 2009

Hey guys.  Has anyone else experienced the inability to detect/receive DTMF
tones?  Just yesterday I had about 4-5 hours where One of my IVR scripts
would not detect 1, 2 or 3, but detected the other digits perfectly.  If I
removed the sound file that was playing, and substituted silence it worked,
add the sound file in, and it broke.  I have a strong feeling that this is
not an issue with FS, but with an upstream system.  But wanted to know if
anyone has seen this before, and how they went about identifying the culprit
and/or fixing it.

Some background:

-          Using FS trunk

-          Both legs of the call were via SIP gateway.

-          Setting loglevel to 9 (console and sofia) showed that the RTP
packets were not received by FS for 1/2/3 but were received for other digits

-          Both legs of calls were to/from ATT cell phones

-           Was using session:setInputCallback() to receive tones, did not
test with playAndGetDigits()

Thanks for any help.

-pete