[Freeswitch-users] how many simultaneous calls support in freeswitch

Martin Fiala fialkam at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 01:36:43 PDT 2009

Hello
I've recently tried to test freeswitch with default configurations
(just added more users and a regexp match in internal.xml SIP
switching in dialplan) and it performed quite surprisingly slow.. I
noticed a large disk swapping activity (CPU at registrations of 50
clients at 100% load!) and I think it's because of all the default
settings there (like creating voicemail files for every call etc..).
At least I hope that's it. I will try making it much simpler and see..
Else there must be some other issue for sure..
I don't know if freeswitch has support for generating originating
calls, but there sure is support for "outbound" connections in means
of connecting to third party providers etc..
Afaik, there are two modules for cdr provided, check
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Cdr.
Martin