[Freeswitch-users] sbc/proxy setup

Loren Salsgiver loren at salsgiver.com
Wed Apr 15 19:18:31 PDT 2009

Advice/Help needed...

I'm looking to use freeswitch to sbc or possibly proxy connections to my
calix ONTs.

Currently the ONTs have public ips that talk to a Metaswitch.  But the
sip clients occassionally get a "sip" "sip" ring only message.  They
appear to be an exploit attempt to gain the passwords to make free calls.

I want to setup the sip clients on invalid addresses and pass all the
traffic  thru freeswitch to avoid outside contact directly to the sip
clients.

Is this more sbc or proxy?   Can freeswith pass the user auth from the
sip clients directly to the Metaswitch or do I have to have individual
accounts setup on the freeswith to do this?  Details on where to set
this up and how would be helpful.

Thanks for the newbie help.

Loren