[Freeswitch-users] Skypiax as a windows service

Giovanni Maruzzelli gmaruzz at celliax.org
Tue Apr 14 07:27:44 PDT 2009

Hi UV,

seems a difficult one this one.

I have no much experience in RDP/terminal server.

If there is no way to have (or fake) audio driver on RDP/terminal
server apps, probably the Skype clients will not works (as you
experienced).

I'm sure, I've read it (:-) ), that Skype clients can be run on a
Windows machine as services, without any user logged in.

That is what I would explore in the future, just adding the How To to
the wiki page.

What you are experiencing seems to be different, seems to be specific
to the RDP/terminal server usage. I'm I understanding you correctly
(that this is specific to RDP)?

Can you send me more info/hints?

In parallel, I'm slowly working on a way to farm out the Skype clients
from the FS servers, so to have the Skype clients running on different
machines on the same LAN. I've a proof of concept working on Linux for
one channel.

You think this would solve your problems (having the Skype clients
running on separate machines other than the machines running FS)?

I'm just back from Easter vacations, please allow a couple days for
the accumulated backlog ;-)

Thanks a lot for taking the time to explore Skypiax and report this,
gm

Sincerely,

Giovanni Maruzzelli
www.celliax.org