[Freeswitch-users] Replace sqlite with couchDB?

Nicolas Brenner nicolas at medularis.com
Sun Apr 12 22:33:26 PDT 2009

Well, if it's too large compared to sqlite maybe it doesn't make sense. But
I was thinking calling data is not always fixed. Depending on what you use
FS for, you might want to get a CDR with many different data linked to each
call, even different kinds of data linked to different calls, that would
make each call very different and variable in its structure, which would fit
a document db model.

Thinking a bit more now, since couchdb is a document-based DB, it might be
good for configuration-generating applications, like the ones consumed by
xml_curl. These are external applications, yet they are still very closely
related to FS, and might be able to benefit from using something like
couchdb.