[Freeswitch-users] Question about play_and_get_digits in mod_dptools

Diego Viola diego.viola at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 19:36:47 PDT 2009

Hi all,

I want to use play_and_get_digits from mod_dptools and have some questions
about it.

I have used playAndGetDigits() in Lua but I see the syntax in mod_dptools is
a bit different and I got a bit confused.

I see the syntax in the play_and_get_digits from the mod_dptools is
something like this:

        switch_play_and_get_digits(session, min_digits, max_digits,
max_tries, timeout, valid_terminators,

prompt_audio_file, bad_input_audio_file, var_name, digit_buffer,
sizeof(digit_buffer), digits_regex}

Can you please explain to me what the session parameter is? And will this
allow me to use a phrase macro so I can call my IVR instead of calling a
regular file?

This is how I use the playAndGetDigits in Lua:

digits = session:playAndGetDigits(2, 5, 3, 7000, "#", "phrase:rac_demo", "",
"\\d+");

I call a phrase macro instead of playing a file, can I do the same with
play_and_get_digits from mod_dptools? and please explain me what the session
parameter in play_and_get_digits is.

Thanks,

Diego