[Freeswitch-users] How to design my project ?

Ceino ceino.no at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 03:28:09 PDT 2009

Hi Miki, I'm not an expert on freeswitch but I'm sure that libfreeswitch
can be embedded
into c-applications (http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Embedding_FreeSWITCH).

In addition it possible to write part of an application as an
loadable module (applications in freeswitch are loadable modules). The
reason for this
is that a loadable module can use the dialplan framework (for example an
incomping call
can be routed to your application).

It is also a good idea to look into how the scripting languages are used in
FS (http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Languages_for_Call_Control).

//Accordingly to voipinfo.org
(http://www.voipinfo.org/wiki/view/FreeSwitch) is FS a library which
ships with a small
executable that loads the library, launches the core, and performs the
various tasks
that are defined by the modules (freeswitch applications).

libfreeswitch includes sofia sip endpoint and ASR/TSS (native or through
MRCP). You need
to modify some configuration files to enable ASR/TSS (sip endpoint sofia
is default).

Best Regards

Lars Sivertsen