[Freeswitch-users] mod_vmd--can it do more than simply find VoiceMail Beeping?

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Tue Apr 7 00:17:06 PDT 2009

Matthew Fong <mattdfong at gmail.com> wrote:
> My question is, is there a way to use mod_vmd to detect if an answering
> machine or human has picked up within the first 1-2 seconds after being
> answered?

Probably not. If you have an algorithm in mind that would achieve this with a
high degree of reliability, I'm sure the FreeSWITCH developers would be
interested in it. However, as far as I know, there is no reliable way to
distinguish, for example, my voice as recorded in a voicemail greeting from my
voice giving a live greeting after answering a phone call. Think about it.